Easter is approaching and this often means the end of the official knitting season.
However, Easter time is a pretty long bank holiday and maybe you fancy knitting up some fun Easter inspired toys, homewares or garments?
This fun list is full of ideas for Easter themed knitting projects and you can find links to some great knitting patterns.
Have a read and see if you can find something springy and inspiring to keep your knitting hands busy this Easter!
Post may contain affiliate links.
What to knit at easter
- The obvious knitting project for the Easter period is perhaps anything egg related. If you like the little egg cosy in our main photo, you can find the free knitting pattern to make one here on our website. It uses up 4 ply or scrap sock yarn so this is a really handy knitting idea if you have some bits and pieces of yarn that need using up. Egg cosies certainly do brighten up a breakfast table and children love them!
- You can also use egg cosies as a cool way to present a chocolate egg this Easter. Check out this awesome knitting pattern for cute easter basket creme egg covers. One of the best ever knitting ideas for giving Easter eggs to friends and relatives.
- If you have children to knit for this Easter, you will love this Cuddly Chick knitting pattern. We think it is by far one of the loveliest Easter chick knitting patterns out there. It is designed by the world renowned Amanda Berry and is a fast and easy toy knitting pattern – great if you haven’t knit toys before. You may also love the Egg Cup Bunny knitting pattern from the same designer. This is a teeny bunny which would make the sweetest ever Easter gift for anyone special in your life.
- Home made Easter cards are always well received and we love this pompom card making idea. Ok, so this isn’t an Easter knitting idea as such, however you can easily replace the fluffy pompoms with ones made from yarn. A great Easter yarn stash busting idea!
- Prize for the best Easter knitting pattern that you didn’t know you needed to make goes to these floppy bunny ears. This is a completely free of charge knitting pattern which may bring a smile to your face. I have a teenage daughter and I know for sure she would love to receive these ears as an Easter gift. Don’t get me wrong – she wouldn’t ever wear them. But she would still think they are kind of cool, I am sure.
- The above Easter bunny ears knitting pattern is listed for free on Love Crafts. Actually this website has a huge amount of knitting pattern ideas for the Easter period, and many are free of charge. You can check them out by clicking here.
- Ravelry is another great source of free Easter related knitting patterns. Easter chick baskets, Easter bunny hat, Easter egg sweater, Easter goody bags and much, much more. You can click here to find the free Easter knitting patterns.
- We think our favourite free Easter knitting pattern on Ravelry is this amazing Bunny’s Bottom Easter Wreath. This is so vintage looking and very now. It would brighten up your home or make a stunning, bespoke hand made gift for somebody very special.
Thanks so much for reading our list of fun knitting ideas for the Easter period. We hope it has helped inspire you and assisted in the finding of a lovely knitting pattern.